Taxpayers are reminded that property tax is due and payable each year, on or before June 30th.

NB All property bills with arrears, must first be queried at the Customer Service Section, before payment is made. Property bills without arrears should be taken directly to the Cashier Section for payment.




All vehicle owners whose licence plate ends with 1, must renew their vehicle licence before January 31st. Similarly, if your vehicle licence plate ends with 2, you must renew your vehicle licence before February 29th to avoid interest charges and ticketing fees..



All insurance companies are reminded that a statement showing the number of policies issued, the value of every policy and any other information required by the Accountant General must accompany the registration fee remittance and the insurance premium remittance. The forms can be found under Form & Guides tab then click on Tax Returns.


Liquor Licence

All Liquor Licence renewals start at the Sir Lee Llewelyn Moore Judicial Complex (Court's Cashier.) The stub given there, should be presented to the Inland Revenue Department in order to process the Licence.




An objection is the process by which a taxpayer can voice their disapproval and challenge a tax assessment. There are guidelines to this process, and an individual cannot object because they “believe” an assessment is incorrect. A taxpayer can object only if the bill or assessment is incorrect, and can provide information to the Inland Revenue Department that it is incorrect. Objections take time and resources in gathering, processing and verifying additional data, and the Department would like to be as efficient as possible in utilizing scarce resources.

A taxpayer can only object to the value that was placed on the property, by the Inland Revenue Department. They cannot object to the tax. If the value is correct, then the tax is correct.

As stated in the Property Section of the website, you have thirty 30 days to object to the valuation of your property, if you believe it has been over or undervalued. After that period, the valuation is permanent until the next valuation period. Once the objection has been received the Department has 45 days to reply to the objection. For more information on how property is valued, look in the Valuation of Property section of the Property Tax tab.

To start the objection process you must complete the Objections Form (OBJ-002 - Objection Form For Property Tax Assessments). In it, you must record your name, address, contact information, the property information and define the reasons under which you are objecting. You may also include any other information that you think is relevant to your case. You should complete the form in its entirety to ensure faster service. The objections letter is sent to the Secretary of the Property Tax Review Board in care of the Inland Revenue Department.

Additional information on objections contained in OBJECTIONS AND APPEALS section of this website.


  • All taxpayers with arrears, who have not made arrangements to pay their tax debt in full, are encouraged to contact the Inland Revenue Department immediately.  The Department is prepared to assist all taxpayers to honour their tax obligations by providing payment arrangements that considers taxpayers unique circumstances.